Thursday, April 24, 2014

Use your leftover Jam

I like Jam.
Sometimes I make my own, when summer comes.

 A bottle of jam, it is too much amount if I use it only toasts for myself.
Maybe put it in yogurt?
Here is another two ideas.

You can make a nice soda.
Only two ingredients:
1 or less table spoon of jam 
 a glass of sparkling water

Melt the jam : mixing with a bit of hot water.
Put in the jam, sparkling water and mix them together, put ice in.
Berries or cherry jam are the best. If you want it more fancy, add a hint of lemon zest and juice. Put mint leaves on the top, here you have perfect summer drink!
Adding liqur in it, you can make beautiful cocktail.

Pork tenderloin with fruits sauce sounds difficult? Using jam, super easy.
Just fry the pork with white wine and salt + pepper, once the meat have been done, remove from the pan.
Keep the pan on the stove with super low heat, put 2 table spoon of jam in remaining gravy and let them combine.

If you want serious gravy sauce, put 2 tsp flour and 1/2 tsp mustard, will be a bit tricky when you combine them into the gravy.I will write it about in the future.


..and done! I used cherry Jam. Might be nice with berry jams or orange marmalade too.


No comments:

Post a Comment